Let's all give a BIG hand to Jereme for geting the individual gold medal, which is awarded to the top 10 percent of the 32nd CB John memorial quiz.
Results of the quiz: Fair, we didn't get into the semi finals but at least we got a gold winner!
Difficulty: High to Very high. Who knows what a quark is? Did anyone know that we can turn Platinum into Gold( now who likes gold and platinum??)? Does anyone know how?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
February 10, 2010 at 9:47 PM
My hands are rater small... but I will give him claps nevertheless. Congrats Jereme Nickolas, you spelled his name wrongly)
As for the platinum question...
Easy, change the number of protons of platinum into number of protons of gold. How to do that though... don't ask me.
Anyway, who wants to turn platinum into gold? Platinum is way more expensive than gold.
-Sung Woo-
P.S. The site is lagging a bit and I still can't use my name on here... They say my URL is illegal or something.
February 11, 2010 at 7:22 PM
Argh... I told Nickolas not to post this on the class blog.
Anyway, about the platinum question, Sung Woo is right about converting platinum into gold through nuclear fission.
If I'm not wrong, the question referenced the production of ruthenium from palladium and rhodium (or something like that) and then asked why the process is not feasible with gold. RI's answer then included platinum as a cost factor, arguing that it was not economically feasible. So it was kind of the whole point of the question that the easiest element to convert into gold, platinum is much more expensive than gold.
-Jereme-
P.S. I agree with Sung Woo on the lag.
February 11, 2010 at 8:06 PM
Eugene would like to know if the reaction is reversible.